If you have knocked out a tooth, please follow the instructions below and then contact our office immediately!
Knocked Out Tooth:
- Carefully rinse the tooth to remove any dirt or dust. Do not wipe or scrub the tooth!
- Keep the tooth moist by placing in a glass of water or milk. Milk is the ideal solution but water will work in a pinch!
- Place medical gauze or a clean cloth on the wound to stop the bleeding.
- Call our office IMMEDIATELY or go to the emergency room.
If you do need to go to the emergency room, follow the ER doctors care instructions and give our office a call for follow-up instructions as soon as you are able.
During an emergency, especially if you are a parent, it is important to be prepared. Pack and keep a small dental first aid kit containing the following:
- Name, address and phone number of your dentist
- Small container with a lid
- Acetaminophen (NOT aspirin or ibuprofen, they can act as a blood thinner and can cause excessive bleeding during a dental emergency)
- Soft Ice Pack
Our Office is Ready to Help During a Dental Emergency
With our experienced emergency dentist CT, you will be prepared if an emergency occurs. By having dentist contact information readily available, an emergency dental kit and contacting our office, patients will have the tools they need to diagnose and treat most dental emergencies efficiently and effectively.